10 Tips For Increasing Your Energy (Without the Caffeine!)
BY DR. TODD CAMERON, Cameron Wellness Center
1. Use the 50/10 rule. For very 50 minutes of sitting get AT LEAST 10 minutes of movement. Walk around, stretch, run or dance to get the blood flowing.
2. Play in the dirt. Getting your hands in the dirt can help you relax and let go of stress. Touching the earth literally grounds you (electrically!).
3. Drink more water. Without proper hydration our organs, glands and tissues (including our BRAIN!) suffer. The world becomes hazy and we become lazy.
4. Laugh out loud. Boost your endorphins and your mood by laughing at your favorite comedy, keep them around in case you need a lift! Laughter and tears are BIG medicine!
5. Eat throughout the day. Eating large amounts and getting too hungry in-between meals leads to highs and lows in our moods that are unnatural. It's much better to eat small amounts throughout the day.
6. Eat a good breakfast. Fuel your body within the first half hour of waking. Even apple slices or a small amount of yogurt can boost your energy.
7. Excite your brain. Got something you're always wanted to do? Surprise yourself! Put it on your calendar, start planning, and make it happen.
8. Sing a favorite song. In the shower or while you're being active... there's nothing like belting out your favorite tune to bring your mood up!
9. Just add spinach. This is an old-time remedy for relieving fatigue, and we all know what it did for Popeye! Spinach is packed with amazing nutrients, therefore it was chosen as Popeye's strength enhancer in 1932.
10. Go easy on carbs. Processed carbs tend to shoot blood sugar sky high. Mood, energy and health in general suffer when sugar and starch are regularly consumed.
To read more, visit Utah Cancer Connections at www.utahcancerconnections.com or click here.
More healthy tips can be found at www.cameronwellnesscenter.net