Is Cleaning Good For Your Health?
BY YOLANDA BRUNSON-SARRABO Have you looked over at the pile of old paper and sink full of dishes and said “Enough is enough. I don’t want to be bothered’? If so, you're not alone. Everyone has some degree of household chores, but when we are exposed to daily, weekly, monthly treatment- let’s face it many of us are pooped! I’ll have my days where I don't feel like doing anything, but I can be quite finicky about how my house looks and how I feel around my house. I want to feel comfortable and stress free and I know to establish that is by a clean house, when I can. May I say thank God for our caregivers who help us along the way when we’re feeling unmoved to do anything. The question of cleaning being good for you deserves a yes and no answer and let me explain why…. Pros
- It allows us to stay active and continue living as we did before our new schedule of doctor appointments and treatment regimens.
- It gives us the independence we all strive to keep. If we can help it… who really wants to be dependent on someone else to help in this degree?
- It allows us to still have control on how we want things to look in our own home or office.
- Some chores may cause some risks, a fall or trip could be detrimental.
- Some chores may take more effort than you can commit to. You may find yourself completely tired after 20 minutes of deciding to clean out the attic.