HealthTree University: Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (Part 3 of 3)
Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT) is a myeloma treatment that has stood the test of time, because it is widely considered safe and effective for a wide range of myeloma patients. Many consider a transplant as their first myeloma therapy, and those who don’t will probably still want to have the option later to do one. This series, taught by world experts on ASCT for multiple myeloma patients was created to teach you the ins and outs of ASCT to help you make the best decision for your best outcomes.
Below are some video excerpts from our HealthTree University curriculum to help you learn more about these important areas of your disease. We invite you to watch these, and also visit HealthTree University and creating a HealthTree account. By creating a HealthTree account, in HealthTree University you can:
- Save and keep track of your progress in the courses
- Get points for answering quiz questions
- Bookmark videos
- Take notes
- Earn prizes [COMING SOON]
- And get access to all the other incredible features of HealthTree!
7.10 Do myeloma cells get included in the stem cell collection and infusion during ASCT?
7.11 What is the chemotherapy used during an ASCT? Are there other options?
7.12 What are the main side effects of an ASCT? How are those side effects managed?
7.13 What is neutropenia and how long does it last? What is a neutropenic diet?
7.14 How can I prevent infection after transplant? How long will I be immunocompromised?
7.15 What is the role of maintenance therapy after an ASCT?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Jesus Berdeja, MD of Sarah Cannon Research Institute
- Muzaffar Qazilbash, MD of MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Philip McCarthy, MD of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Parameswaran Hari, MD, MRCP of Medical College of Wisconsin
- Aaron Rapoport, MD of University of Maryland
- Aravind Ramakrishnan, MD of St. David's South Austin Medical Center
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
Other HealthTree University Classes:
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your HealthCare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Testing, Monitoring MM Markers
- [BETA] Multiple Myeloma Genetics and Precision Medicine
- Classes of Myeloma Drugs
- [BETA] COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma