HealthTree University: Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology (Part 2 of 3)
Cancer develops when something goes wrong in your cells - these are called mutations. In this HealthTree University series on genetics and cancer biology we take a look at the different types of mutations that happen to trigger cancer growth. You can watch the entire course at university.healthtree.org.
17.05 What is a mutation? Why do mutations occur?
17.06 What are somatic mutations? What are germline mutations?
17.07 What are driver mutations vs passenger mutations?
17.08 What are the different types of chromosomal mutations? (e.g. Translocations, Deletions, Insertions, Amplifications)
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Brian Van Ness, PhD
- Gareth Morgan, MD, PhD
- Cesar Rodriguez Valdes, MD
We have over 300 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma