HealthTree University: Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology (Part 3 of 3)
Wrapping up this HealthTree University series on the basics of genetics and cancer biology, we asked top doctors what the differences is between genetics, genomics, and cytogenetics as well as what a pathway is. You can watch the entire course at university.healthtree.org.
17.09 What is the definition of cytogenetics?
17.1 What is the difference between genomics vs genetics?
17.11 What is a pathway? Can you give an example of a pathway?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Brian Van Ness, PhD
- Cesar Rodriguez Valdes, MD
- Leif Bergsagel, MD
We have over 300 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma