HealthTree University: Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma (Part 2/3)
Understanding your lab values gives you a real advantage in the fight against myeloma. It's hard to know everything right away - What is an SPEP? UPEP? And what are light chains? Watch the following HealthTree University videos to get up to speed on this important aspect of your disease. You can watch the entire course at university.healthtree.org.
8.05 What is a Serum Protein Electrophoresis (SPEP)?
8.06 What tests are done on a 24-hour urine sample? Why are they still necessary?
8.07 What is urine protein electrophoresis (UPEP) and is it still used?
8.08 What are light chains, how are light chains reported, and why?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Natalie Callander, MD
- Cesar Rodriguez Valdes, MD
- Rafael Fonseca, MD
- Alexander Lesokhin, MD
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma