HealthTree University: Know Your Labs (Part 1/3)
Understanding your labs, particularly your blood and urine tests, is critical to knowing where you stand with your myeloma. Below are some video excerpts from our HealthTree University curriculum to help you learn more about this important aspect of your disease.
8.01 How is myeloma monitored?
8.02 What blood tests are used to measure myeloma and monitor response?
8.03 What is Immunofixation? (IFE)
8.04 What does the quantitative immunoglobulin test measure?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Cesar Rodriguez Valdes, MD
- Morie Gertz, MD, MACP
- Natalie Callander, MD
- Adam Cohen, MD
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma