HealthTree University: MRD Testing (Part 2/3)
Understanding your Minimal Residual Disease status, and understanding what MRD testing is and what it means is critical to the future of myeloma and your myeloma care. Below are some video excerpts from our HealthTree University curriculum to help you learn more about this important aspect of your disease.
16.06 Where is MRD testing available?
16.07 Can MRD testing be used to guide treatment decisions?
16.08 Can MRD tests be run on the blood instead of the bone marrow?
16.09 How can MRD status be used as a surrogate endpoint in a clinical trial?
16.10 How are PET/CT Scans used to help determine MRD negativity?
16.11 How can someone be MRD negative and not in a CR?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Ola Landgren, MD, PhD
- Nina Shah, MD
- Rafat Abonour, MD
- Philip McCarthy, MD
- Jens Hillengass, MD
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma