HealthTree University: Precision Medicine (2/2)
Precision medicine has been a buzzword in cancer for some time, but what is it? Is it being done in myeloma? Some of the top myeloma doctors in the world answered our questions about precision medicine, and how and why myeloma treatment is personalized. You can watch the following HealthTree University videos to learn more about this important aspect of your disease. You can watch the entire course at university.healthtree.org.
21.04 How is myeloma treatment personalized to genetic markers now and what may the future of precision medicine in myeloma be?
21.05 What are the challenges of precision medicine in myeloma?
21.06 What is the MyDrug Trial?
21.07 What is CRSPR? How will it be used in Myeloma?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Leif Bergsagel, MD
- Joshua Richter, MD
- Shaji Kumar, MD
- Siddhartha Ganguly, MD, FACP
We have over 300 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma