HealthTree University: Precursor Conditions (Part 2 of 3 - SMM)
Every single person who gets myeloma first has a precursor condition, and many people go through a precursor condition of myeloma called smoldering myeloma before full blown myeloma ever develops. There has been controversy about when exactly smoldering myeloma becomes active myeloma. The line gets even blurrier when you talk about high-risk smoldering myeloma. Learn here from these world experts as they discuss these important precursor conditions!
Below are some video excerpts from our HealthTree University curriculum to help you learn more about these important areas of your disease. We invite you to watch them all, and also visit HealthTree University and creating a HealthTree account. By creating a HealthTree account, in HealthTree University you can:
- Save and keep track of your progress in the courses
- Get points for answering quiz questions
- Bookmark videos
- Take notes
- Earn prizes [COMING SOON]
- And get access to all the other incredible features of HealthTree!
8.05 Smoldering Multiple Myeloma (SMM) Basics
8.06 What are the symptoms of SMM, and how long can you have it?
8.07 How is SMM monitored? Should I see a specialist?
8.08 Is there a clear definition for standard-risk smoldering myeloma?
8.09 What is HRSMM (High-risk Smoldering Multiple Myeloma)? What are the guidelines?
8.10 Should HRSMM be treated? Why is there a focus on HRSMM in trials?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Irene Ghobrial, MD of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Jesus Berdeja, MD of Sarah Cannon Research Institute
- Ola Landgren, MD, PhD of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Morie Gertz, MD, MACP of Mayo Clinic, Rochester
- Ivan Borrello, MD of Johns Hopkins Medicine
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
Other HealthTree University Classes:
10 Know Your Therapy [BETA]
14 MRD Testing
19 COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma [BETA]