HealthTree University: Starting Myeloma Treatment (Part 1 of 3)
Your first treatment is your most important treatment. It sets the stage for the course of your myeloma experience. This is when you are least equipped with the knowledge you need, and also when you need that knowledge the most. Our HealthTree University course on Starting Myeloma Treatment is taught by some of the top specialists in myeloma and our goal is to help you get started the right way.
Below are some video excerpts from our HealthTree University curriculum to help you learn more about these important areas of your disease. By creating a HealthTree account, in HealthTree University you can:
- Save and keep track of your progress in the courses
- Get points for answering quiz questions
- Bookmark videos
- Take notes
- Earn prizes [COMING SOON]
- And get access to all the other incredible features of HealthTree!
6.01 - When should a patient consider starting treatment?
6.02 - What is Induction (frontline) therapy and its goals?
6.03 - What are the most common myeloma drug regimens for induction therapy?
6.04 - What factors should you consider when choosing a treatment regimen?
6.05 - What is consolidation therapy?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Adam Cohen, MD of Penn Medicine - Abramson Cancer Center
- Craig Hofmeister, MD, MPH of Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Jeffrey Zonder, MD of Karmanos Cancer Institute
- Aaron Rosenberg, MD, MS of UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Ola Landgren, MD, PhD of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Luciano Costa, MD, PhD of University of Alabama
- Omar Nadeem, MD of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Peter Voorhees, MD Levine Cancer Institute
- Amrita Krishnan, MD of City of Hope
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
Other HealthTree University Classes:
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your HealthCare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Testing, Monitoring MM Markers
- [BETA] Multiple Myeloma Genetics and Precision Medicine
- Classes of Myeloma Drugs
- [BETA] COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma