Muscles for Myeloma September 2020 Fitness Challenge Starts Today!
Get moving for myeloma! Commit during Blood Cancer Awareness Month (September 2020) to become more fit by working out 20 minutes each day, with the team goal of 100,000 minutes! Each week we will focus on awesome health tips such as making S.M.A.R.T. goals, successful dieting, benefits of water, and more!
Whether that's walking around your neighborhood, cycling a mountain trail, swimming in a pool, gardening, or trying out Yoga for the first time, any level of activity counts. So long as you stay active for twenty minutes or more!
REGISTER TODAY - START DATE OF SEPT 1
All minutes and tracking will be recorded through a Fitness Challenge app called Move Spring. THIS APP IS FREE AND REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE.
Here are the steps to enroll in the app:
- Download the free app, MoveSpring (Apple - Android)
- Create an account.
- Once you are logged in, click JOIN CHALLENGE and type in "Muscles4Myeloma" (this is the challenge name)
- All participants will be added to the challenge queue but will be unable to use the software until September 1
- We'll send out reminder emails leading up to September 1 to make sure you are ready when it opens! Once the challenge opens start inputting your exercise minutes and set goals for the month.
- It's quick, easy and a great way to get active with a community of patients and caregivers!
- If you are asked for a group code please use "crowdcare"
To add a little incentive to your fitness journey, you could win the following prizes:
All participants will receive a "Stronger Together" shirt (min. 120 minutes)
20 raffle participants will receive an $100 Amazon gift card (must have met daily goal 15 out of 30 days)
3 raffle participants will receive a Apple Watch Series 5 (must have met daily goal 25 out of 30 days)
Winners of the gift cards and watches will be chosen randomly from those who meet the requirements, which can be tracked in the fitness app.
WHY FITNESS MATTERS
Fitness matters to everyone, but it is especially important for myeloma patients. The more fit patients are, the more they are able to tolerate therapies which lead to better, longer lasting outcomes.
We hope to encourage patients and caregivers to join and build a healthier, more active lifestyle with myeloma, especially during COVID-19. Remember, "exercise not only changes your body, it changes your mind, your attitude, and your mood." Let's improve our life and health while building "Muscles for Myeloma!"
SHARE YOUR MUSCLES FOR MYELOMA STORY
During the month of September, we want to hear how YOU are building Muscles for Myeloma and will be inviting you to share your story and photos to inspire others. More to come!
Thanks to our Muscles for Myeloma sponsors!