Join our Muscles for Myeloma Fitness Challenge! Register Today for a March 1 Start.
Join us this March as we build "Muscles for Myeloma" through a special fitness challenge! The goal is to encourage YOU, patients and caregivers, to get up and get active for at least 20 minutes a day.
Whether that's walking around your neighborhood, cycling a mountain trail, swimming in a pool, or trying out Yoga for the first time, any level of activity counts. So long as you stay active for twenty minutes or more!
All minutes and tracking will be recorded through a Fitness Challenge app called Move Spring. THIS APP IS FREE AND REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHALLENGE.
Here are the steps to enroll in the app:
- Download the free app, MoveSpring (Apple - Android)
- Create an account.
- Once you are logged in, click JOIN CHALLENGE and type in "Muscles for Myeloma - March Challenge"
- All participants will be added to the challenge queue but unable to use the software until March 1.
- We'll send out reminder emails leading up to March 1 to make sure you are ready when it opens! Once the challenge opens start inputting your exercise minutes and set goals for the month.
- It's quick, easy and a great way to get active with a community of patients and caregivers!
To add a little incentive to your fitness journey, the top three patients and caregivers will win a prize at the end of the month! Winners will be chosen based off of consistency, reaching your goals, greatest improvement, and overall workout minutes. All of which can be tracked in the fitness app.
All participants who join the app and challenge BEFORE March 1 will be entered into a raffle for a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
1st Place : Apple Watch Series 5 or Fitbit Versa 2
2nd Place : Apple Airpods
3rd Place : $100 Amazon Gift Card
1st Place : $100 Amazon Gift Card
2nd Place : $50 Amazon Gift Card
3rd Place : $25 Amazon Gift Card
WHY FITNESS MATTERS
Fitness matters to everyone, but it is especially important for myeloma patients. The more fit patients are, the more they are able to tolerate therapies which lead to better, longer lasting outcomes.
We hope to encourage patients and caregivers to join and build a healthier, more active lifestyle with myeloma. Remember, "exercise not only changes your body, it changes your mind, your attitude, and your mood." Let's improve our life and health while building "Muscles for Myeloma!"
Thank you to our Muscles for Myeloma sponsors!