ASH 2020: Mayo’s Dr. Vincent Rajkumar Chooses His Top 5 #ASH20 Myeloma Abstracts
(photo courtesy of Multiple Myeloma Hub)
Each year a group of the top myeloma specialists review the abstracts presented at the American Society of Hematology and pick their favorites. This has been so helpful to all those of us who attend this annual meeting. It is so overpowering for a patient, patient advocate, or health care professionals to whittle down the avalanche of information into manageable segments which are most relevant to the myeloma care community.
And each year Dr. Mike Thompson has been so kind as to tabulate the picks from the myeloma specialists into a easily understandable table. Dr. Thompson will be completing this work in next few days, and at that time Myeloma Crowd will be publishing this document. In addition, some of these myeloma specialists have gone the extra step, and provided an excellent explanation as to why they have chosen their most important TOP FIVE.
Dr. Vincent Rajkumar has been doing this for several years, and he has again this year. Each year he has chosen to list his favorites, but only those abstracts which have not been reported on previously. This is his list of the most significant new initiatives for #ASH20. As in the past, he left out many great studies where similar results were already presented or published before. And his focus was for clinical relevance, impact, and methodology.
This is a novel bi specific antibody targeting GPRC5D (expressed on myeloma cells) & CD3 shows activity in relapsed refractory myeloma. High response rates (78%) @ 20-180 mcg/kg dose levels.
- Abstract 290 - A Phase 1, First-in-Human Study of Talquetamab, a G Protein-Coupled Receptor Family C Group 5 Member D (GPRC5D) x CD3 Bispecific Antibody, in Patients with Relapsed and/or Refractory Multiple Myeloma (RRMM)
- Session: 653. Myeloma/Amyloidosis: Therapy, excluding Transplantation: Bispecific T Cell Saturday December 5, 2020 2:00 PM-3:30 PM
BFCR4350A is a novel bi-specific antibody targeting FcRH5. FcRH5 is universally expressed on plasma cells) and CD3 shows clinical activity in relapsed refractory myeloma.
- Abstract 292 - Initial Clinical Activity and Safety of BFCR4350A, a FcRH5/CD3 T-Cell-Engaging Bispecific Antibody, in Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Session: 653. Myeloma/Amyloidosis: Therapy, excluding Transplantation: Bispecific T Cell Saturday, December 5, 2020: 2:30 PM
#3 Stem Cell Transplants
Long term results of IFM 2009 trial shows similar overall survival after 8 years follow up between early vs delayed transplant in the modern era with VRd therapy. Particularly important info at time of COVID.
- Abstract 143 - Early Versus Late Autologous Stem Cell Transplant in Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma: Long-Term Follow-up Analysis of the IFM 2009 Trial
- Session: 731. Clinical Autologous Transplantation: Autologous Transplantation: Still the Backbone of Modern Myeloma Therapies, Saturday, December 5, 2020: 10:00 AM
#4 Identification of a potential mechanism for frequent relapses after CAR-T therapy for myeloma
Bi allelic loss of BCMA locus at 16p. Important work.
Abstract 721 Biallelic Loss of BCMA Triggers Resistance to Anti-BCMA CAR T Cell Therapy in Multiple Myeloma
- Session: 651. Myeloma: Biology and Pathophysiology, excluding Therapy II
- Hematology Disease Topics & Pathways: Monday, December 7, 2020: 2:00 PM
#5 Allogeneic off-the-shelf CAR-T therapy for myeloma
First in human results with Anti BCMA ALLO-647 shows clinical activity in myeloma. 5 of 15 responses.
- Abstract 129 - Universal: An Allogeneic First-in-Human Study of the Anti-Bcma ALLO-715 and the Anti-CD52 ALLO-647 in Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Session: 653. Myeloma/Amyloidosis: Therapy, excluding Transplantation: CAR T Therapies for Myeloma: Novel Approaches and Longer-Term Follow Up Data
- Saturday, December 5, 2020: 9:30 AM
Thank You Dr. Rajkumar for your continued support for the myeloma care and patient community.
Related ASH 2020 Articles
- ASH 2020: Real world use of MRD testing in multiple myeloma
- ASH 2020: Multiple myeloma and the gut microbiome
- ASH 2020: Top 7 myeloma abstracts according to myeloma specialists
- ASH 2020: Dr. Vincent Rajkumar's top myeloma abstracts