Myeloma Crowd Round Table Expert Videos: Buffalo -- November 2, 2019
On November 2, 2019, a Myeloma Crowd Round Table meeting was held in Buffalo, New York at the Hyatt Place Niagara Falls featuring four myeloma experts, including:
- Dr. Matthew Drake, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Dr. Jens Hillengass, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Buffalo, NY
- Dr. Philip McCarthy, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Buffalo, NY
- Dr. Saad Usmani, Levine Cancer Institute, Charlotte, NC
- 0:08 What is immune profiling?
- 2:32 What are the current criteria for receiving immunizations after transplant (e.g. Shingrix)?
- 4:18 What is the relationship between multiple myeloma and pure red cell aplasia?
- 5:47 I was diagnosed with red cell aplasia after treatment
- 7:17 Is a lesion a tumor?
- 9:37 I’m in my 3rd series for HEP-B, is that enough?
- 11:01 What do you think about the effectiveness of Revlimid/Lenalidomide?
- 12:25 At what age is stem cell therapy recommended?
- 13:45 Is there a relationship between sickle cell anemia and multiple myeloma? Why is the incidence rate of myeloma higher in African Americans?
- 16:31 Isn’t sickle cell anemia prominent in the Mediterranean area as well? How do these genetics affect outcome?
- 18:38 Does P53 deletion cause myeloma or does myeloma cause the deletion?
- 20:01 My 17p deletion is gone now that my cancer is in remission. Will it come back when I relapse?
- 20:49 When you go on a medication like bisphosphonates, once you stop do you ever need to go back on it?
22:06 Is there a test to tell if bisphosphonates have worn off and you need to restart?
- 24:33 What is it like treating a newly diagnosed patient today, compared to when you started treating myeloma?
- 0:08 Can taking collagen or bone broth help your bones?
- 0:35 Can you talk about the bone destruction that may occur if you stop taking denosumab?
- 3:45 So if I’ve had one denosumab injection, I should keep taking it?
- 3:57 I’m in remission. Are the growing myeloma cells doing damage to my bones right now?
- 6:21 I’m in remission. In the absence of symptoms should I still get imaging to check my bones?
- 7:51 At relapse, do you watch and wait until the disease completely comes back or do you treat more aggressively?
- 9:29 My wife has myeloma, her mother had MGUS. Should I and my children be screened?
- 12:47 My sister died of AML and I have myeloma. Is there any relationship between the two diseases?
- 14:42 I have a 1Q Gain, what does that mean for me?
- 17:58 Is CAR-T research being done at Roswell Park or Mayo Clinic for myeloma? How do I get into a CAR-T trial? When will they be approved? How are they different from allo CAR-Ts?
- 20:06 Are there other genetic tests other than FISH?
- 22:26 Today does more advanced genetic testing in clinical practice make any difference?
- 23:37 Is testing for abnormal chromosomes a common test for all patients? Is the test done on blood or bone marrow?
- 23:56 If you’re considering allo transplant should you consider CAR-T cell therapy instead?
- 25:56 My husband’s disease has come back in 11 months should he consider an allo transplant?
Thanks to our Platinum Sponsor
Thanks to our Myeloma Crowd Round Table Sponsors: Takeda Oncology, GSK, Celgene, Karyopharm and Adaptive Biotechnologies