Myeloma Crowd Round Table Expert Videos: Seattle -- September 28, 2019
On September 28, 2019, a Myeloma Crowd Round Table meeting was held in Seattle, Washington at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center featuring six myeloma experts, including:
- Dr. Edward Libby, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA
- Dr. Leona Holmberg, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA
- Dr. Faith Davies, NYU Perlmutter Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Dr. Damian Green, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, Seattle, WA
- Dr. Pamela Becker, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Dr. Brian Van Ness, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- 0:09 What has changed for risk factors since the Boston IMW meeting?
- 2:40 Do all transplants involve high-dose chemotherapy?
- 5:48 How do light-chain test results compare to flow cytometry or NGS testing?
- 6:35 What is it about new drugs like Velcade that cause neuropathy as a side effect?
- 12:45 Can genetics increase your risk of neuropathy on Velcade, and are there ways to alleviate the side effects of the drug?
- 17:15 Of all the new drugs in the pipeline, which seem the most promising for patients who have relapsed on standard of care treatments?
- 19:56 Do patients become refractory to treatments because of immune exhaustion?
- 24:35 What things (like exercise or diet) can a patient do to alleviate or prevent side effects of treatment like neuropathy?
- 27:19 Should smoldering multiple myeloma patients start treatment?
- 33:17 If I have previously been treated how does your immune system get restored after a transplant?
- 35:57 Has funding for research been cut by drug companies and would more money help more clinical trials to be performed?
- 0:01 What’s the difference between your radioactive isotope delivery method and the Cellectar approach that targets the cancer cell membrane?
- 2:19 How long do cryo-preserved stem cells last?
- 3:15 How do you alleviate cramps especially after receiving dexamethasone?
- 4:02 Are there clinical trials for people in a Complete Stringent Remission?
- 6:20 Are you as doctors comfortable talking with patients about when it is time to stop treatment and deliver end of life care?
- 14:23 Do grassroots efforts to fund studies help researchers?
- 18:32 Do bisphosphonates have an anti-myeloma effect?
- 19:17 How is precision medicine being integrated into myeloma treatment?
Thanks to our Platinum Sponsor
Thanks to our additional Myeloma Crowd Round Table Sponsors: Takeda Oncology, GSK, Celgene, Karyopharm and Adaptive Biotechnologies