Source: Half-Baked Harvest
If you know Half-Baked Harvest, you know this recipe is a win!
The Best Simple Vegan Potato Salad
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Makes 8 servings
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Place the potatoes, garlic cloves, and a tablespoon of salt in a large pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the to heat to medium, simmer 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are just fork tender. Drain. Place the potatoes back in the hot pot. Remove the garlic cloves. Cover the pot and let the potatoes steam for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Finely chop the garlic. Whisk together the cashew butter, tahini, both mustards, the honey, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and chopped garlic. Add 2 tablespoons warm water and season with cayenne, salt, and pepper. If the dressing separates, add water to bring it back together.
- Pour the dressing over the warm potatoes. Add the basil, dill, oregano, and chives. Toss well to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking. Serve warm or cover and place in the fridge. Can be served at room temp or cold. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.