Imaging is an important diagnostic tool. This week’s article with videos from HealthTree University covers some of the finer points of imaging, like exploring the latest techniques, other scans you may consider, when to use each type of imaging, and includes some guest lecture videos from our Myeloma Crowd Round Tables.
Below are some video excerpts from our HealthTree University curriculum to help you learn more about this important aspect of your disease. We invite you to watch them all, visit HealthTree University and create a HealthTree account. By creating a HealthTree account, in HealthTree University you can:
- Watch videos
- Save and track your progress in the courses
- Take quizzes and earn points
- Bookmark videos
- Take notes
- And even earn prizes! [COMING SOON]
15.08 Why should myeloma patients have a dexa scan in addition to advanced imaging?
15.09 When do you use each type of imaging technique?
15.1 What new imaging techniques are being tested? How will imaging improve in the future?
15.11 What are the new imaging guidelines for myeloma?
15.12 (Guest Lecture): Myeloma Imaging | MCRT Webcast: Myeloma Imaging
15.13 (Guest Lecture): Novel Imaging in Myeloma: Development of Targeted Immuno-PET | MCRT Webcast: Myeloma Imaging
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Jens Hillengass, MD of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Monica Shokeen, PhD of Washington University in St. Louis
- Ola Landgren, MD, PhD of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Suzanne Lentzsch, MD, PhD of Columbia University
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Know Your Therapy
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma
about the author
Cynthia Chmielewski is a professional educator and myeloma advocate. As a former teacher, she now teaches myeloma patients how to advocate for themselves as the Director of HealthTree University.