Nearly everyone relapses or is refractory to myeloma therapies at some point in the course of their disease. It’s important to know your options for therapies and clinical trials, and make educated decisions about your care when it does happen.
Below are some video excerpts from our HealthTree University curriculum to help you learn more about these important areas of your disease. We invite you to watch them all, and also visit HealthTree University and creating a HealthTree account. By creating a HealthTree account, in HealthTree University you can:
- Save and keep track of your progress in the courses
- Get points for answering quiz questions
- Bookmark videos
- Take notes
- Earn prizes [COMING SOON]
- And get access to all the other incredible features of HealthTree!
9.05 What are the newest drugs and treatments for relapsed and refractory myeloma?
9.06 Do individuals become refractory to a given drug or an entire class of drugs?
9.07 When should a patient consider a clinical trial at relapse?
9.08 With relapsed myeloma, when should you modifying current therapy or start a new therapy?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Amrita Krishnan, MD, FACP of City of Hope
- Luciano Costa, MD, PhD of University of Alabama
- Philip McCarthy, MD of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Alexander Lesokhin, MD of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Craig Hofmeister, MD, MPH of Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
Other HealthTree University Classes:
1 Myeloma Basics Part 1
2 Myeloma Basics Part 2
3 Myeloma Basics Part 3
4 Building Your Healthcare Team
5 Becoming an Empowered Patient
6 Starting Myeloma Treatment
7 Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
8 Precursor Conditions
9 Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
10 Know Your Therapy [BETA]
11 Myeloma Bone Disease
12 Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
13 Imaging in Myeloma
14 MRD Testing
15 Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
16 Myeloma Genetics
17 Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
18 Classes of Drugs
19 COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma [BETA]