The Power of Our Cancer Stories
When a cancer diagnosis hits, it's natural to want to share your experience with others. Sharing your story is emotionally healing and it can have a powerful impact on others.
What did you do for myeloma therapy? How well did it work? What helped you deal with side effects? How did you find a myeloma specialist? How did you decide on a treatment plan? These stories are especially helpful for newly diagnosed patients, who can benefit from all you've experienced and learned. Having myeloma is hard. Consider sharing your myeloma story so we can all benefit on HealthTree.org
Listen as Dr. Rafael Fonseca of the Mayo Clinic and Jenny Ahlstrom (Myeloma Crowd founder) discuss their respective experiences as clinician, clinical investigator, caregiver, patient and patient advocate for people with multiple myeloma.
Other Patient Stories:
- Keith Guernsey and how a cancer diagnosis saved his life
- Heidi Thomas: Knowledge is Power
- Ten Blessings of Adversity
- Lois Rudnick: From Despair to Active Acceptance
- Protecting the Most Vulnerable: Judy Powers' Myeloma Story
- Olivia Chin Shares Her Myeloma Journey