HealthTree University: Imaging in Myeloma (Part 1 of 3)
Imaging is an important diagnostic tool in myeloma treatment and myeloma care. It is hard to know, as a patient, what imaging you should be getting, how often, and what each type of imaging can tell you about your myeloma.
Below are some video excerpts from our HealthTree University curriculum to help you learn more about this important aspect of your disease. We invite you to watch them all, visit HealthTree University, and create a HealthTree account. By creating a HealthTree account, in HealthTree University you can:
- Watch videos
- Save and track your progress in the courses
- Take quizzes and earn points
- Bookmark videos
- Take notes
- And even earn prizes! [COMING SOON]
14.01 What is the role of imaging in myeloma care?
14.02 What imaging is used to monitor response?
14.03 How often should imaging be repeated for someone diagnosed with active or smoldering myeloma?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Monica Shokeen, Ph.D. of Washington University in St. Louis
- Jens Hillengass, MD of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Know Your Therapy
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma