HealthTree University: MRD Testing (Part 1/3)
Understanding your Minimal Residual Disease status, and understanding what MRD testing is and what it means will be critical to the future of myeloma and your myeloma care. Below are some video excerpts from our HealthTree University curriculum to help you learn more about this important aspect of your disease.
15.01 What is MRD and why is it a useful measure? Is it important to get done?
15.02 How is MRD testing used as a prognostic tool?
15.03 How is MRD Testing done and how accurate are the results?
15.04 Who should consider MRD testing and when should it be done?
15.05 If you have measurable disease, is there still a reason to get MRD testing?
We’d like to thank our faculty who donated their time in creating these videos, including:
- Edward Libby, MD
- Jonathan Kaufman, MD
- Ola Landgren, MD, PhD
- Rafat Abonour, MD
- Rafael Fonseca, MD
- Nina Shah, MD
- Gareth Morgan, MD, PhD
We have over 200 HealthTree University videos online at university.healthtree.org! Learn the basics (and the not-so-basics) of myeloma from some of the top myeloma doctors in the world!
- Myeloma Basics Part 1
- Myeloma Basics Part 2
- Myeloma Basics Part 3
- Building Your Healthcare Team
- Becoming an Empowered Patient
- Starting Myeloma Treatment
- Know Your Therapy
- Know Your Labs: Blood and Urine Testing in Myeloma
- Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT)
- Precursor Conditions
- Relapsed and Refractory MM Treatment
- Classes of Drugs
- Myeloma Bone Disease
- Imaging in Myeloma
- MRD Testing
- Basic Genetics and Cancer Biology
- Myeloma Genetics
- Types of Genetic Testing in Myeloma
- Specific Myeloma Genetics Mutations and Risk
- Precision Medicine
- Financial Advice for Myeloma Patients and Their Families
- COVID-19 and Multiple Myeloma